This week things kind of get "real," as they say, and we begin a fairly long stretch of performance weeks. This coming Friday, Sept 22, is our first required, full band performance (all students). We will be performing the entire show at halftime, and I think it will be pretty good! Here is what you need to know for the week:
TONIGHT - rehearsal at the stadium 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. We need to put the finishing touches on everything for Friday's debut. It's week 5 of HS football, and the band hasn't been seen yet. We need to be good!
Tuesday, Sept. 19 - Color Guard, band room, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 22 (this is shaping up to be a big day...)
- MORNING assembly for Fox 17 News. I have zero details on this right now, but I know we will have the marching band in the gym at a relatively early hour...
- Pep assembly for West Homecoming in the afternoon
- GAME Friday night.
- Report time: Varies. I want students dressed and ready by 5:45 p.m. We will discuss this idea in class this week
- Parent volunteers are needed for several things. A SignUp Genius will be sent soon!
- Uniforms are kept at school. Students change in and out of them in the building and return them to the uniform room after the game.
- We stay for the first half as a band, then students are excused to change and head back to the game if they would like.
Other things for your consideration and/or future planning:
NAME TAGS: Please make sure your child's instrument has a name tag on it so it is easily identifiable in case of loss or confusion.
MSBOA Festival is October 10, here at Zeeland. This is the one and only date throughout the entire year that I have a "no compromise" policy. I expect all students to be here at the required time (unknown at the moment, but usually around 7 p.m.). I already know there is a swim meet and a volleyball match. Please make sure your children are talking with their coaches about this conflict. Whatever game time they are able to get in before reporting to band is fine, but this particular night is pretty off limits to meeting us at the field as we are heading in for performance (which does happen on other occasions!). Just some advance warning for you.
MONDAY NIGHTS are critical to our success as a group. There is not another time that we meet as a full band! Please do everything to make sure your child is at rehearsal - I know there are sports conflicts, but everyone else is expected at each Monday rehearsal. I started a policy last year in which I reserve the right to pull a student from the performance on Friday if he/she has missed Monday night.
That should do for today, I think. As always - email@example.com for any questions or concerns.