Monday, November 7, 2016

PTC Edition 11-7-16

Welcome to Parent/Teacher Conference week!  I am looking forward to meeting new people and seeing those I've met before.  Here are a few things you can do to help streamline the process:

  • Please introduce yourself, even if I've met you a thousand times...  Sometimes my brain just doesn't compute faces and names when I am meeting with different people all day.  This will help me a lot.
  • My first question to parents is usually "what can I tell you about your child?"  Is there anything specific you would like to hear?  You might have something you want to know about, like how he/she is doing socially, or with reading music, or with more specific things.  Grades can be a topic of discussion, but the first nine weeks is based almost entirely on participation since we have so many performances.  But let me know what you want to know!
  • I will probably ask parents of freshmen how things are going overall with high school, and specifically in band, so check in with your children and see what they're thinking.
  • I will be in my office in the band room for all three conference days.  Feel free to come into the room and walk around and get a feel for where your child spends a significant amount of time.  I will try to have the place cleaned up so it looks good!  
  • Your children are more than welcome to attend with you.
  • If things are busy and crowded, feel free to leave me a note and we can set up a time to meet in the future if you feel the need for that.
Remember that conference hours are Monday 4 - 7 p.m., Wednesday 2 - 5 p.m., and Thursday 2 - 8 p.m.  Looking forward to seeing you!

KW