- Please introduce yourself, even if I've met you a thousand times... Sometimes my brain just doesn't compute faces and names when I am meeting with different people all day. This will help me a lot.
- My first question to parents is usually "what can I tell you about your child?" Is there anything specific you would like to hear? You might have something you want to know about, like how he/she is doing socially, or with reading music, or with more specific things. Grades can be a topic of discussion, but the first nine weeks is based almost entirely on participation since we have so many performances. But let me know what you want to know!
- I will probably ask parents of freshmen how things are going overall with high school, and specifically in band, so check in with your children and see what they're thinking.
- I will be in my office in the band room for all three conference days. Feel free to come into the room and walk around and get a feel for where your child spends a significant amount of time. I will try to have the place cleaned up so it looks good!
- Your children are more than welcome to attend with you.
- If things are busy and crowded, feel free to leave me a note and we can set up a time to meet in the future if you feel the need for that.