Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week of 10-31-16

Hello again from the band room - 

It is officially official - the marching band season is done and we have no more performances until the Christmas parade on Monday, November 28.  All of the concert organizations either have been or will begin preparing concert literature in earnest at this time; the Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band have a concert on Thursday, November 17, and the annual winter concert for Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, and Percussion Ensemble is on Sunday, January 15.

Please consider a contribution to our annual fund raiser.  The fall patron drive is a little behind this year, and we are hoping it picks up this week.  If you would like to contribute online via credit or debit card, you can go to https://www.greateventseats.com/products.php?lID=134 and scroll to the Zeeland High School Band link and enter the amount you would like to contribute.  Since the "quantity" is set at $1.00, you would enter the amount you'd like to give in that box.  So if you're giving $50.00, you would purchase 50 units of $1.00 each.  OR...  Send me a check :)

The past few weeks have been very busy for all of us.  Thank you for getting your kids where they needed to be at the times they needed to be there.  Please use this few minutes of down time over the next week or two between sports seasons and such to get together as a family and see what your kids have been up to.  One of the things I miss about having my kids around the house is family dinners and other family time.  Dana and I had a great time with our son in East Lansing the past couple of weekends (day trips are fun!), so we should probably head to Chicago and see Erin soon as well.  As for me, my goal for this week is to recharge a little - I need to get home earlier in the afternoon because I need to do a few more things before my mountain bike race next weekend.  (Some day I will beat Mr. DeKuiper, but alas this is not going to be the year...)

Have a great week.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns - kwalker@zps.org

KW