TONIGHT, Monday, May 4 - 7:30 p.m. FULL BAND REHEARSAL for all hornline and drumline students. I know that there will be several of you who are unavailable due to athletic schedules, but please get here when you finish if possible. We should be done by 8:30 - 8:45. This rehearsal will happen rain or shine - if it's raining we will find an indoor venue.
Tuesday, May 5 - "Dazzle" show at Central Wesleyan Church. This is for jazz band, "County Clare" percussion ensemble, and Mason England. Rehearsal tomorrow morning at the church. Meet in the band room at 7:15 so we can load the trailer and bus and leave by 7:30. Show time tomorrow night is 8:00 p.m. Jazz band and percussion need to be at the church in the evening no later than 8:30; Mason by 7:30. Percs wear all black; Mason, it's up to you - whatever you'd like.
PARADES on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday
ALL OF THE PARADES BEGIN AT 2:00 P.M.
We will meet at school each day to leave dressed and ready to go at 12:45. Please allow yourselves plenty of time to arrive at school, find your uniforms, and get dressed. Students may elect to stay after school on Wednesday and Thursday until the buses leave, but I would honestly prefer that they don't. On Saturday the building will be open by noon for students to arrive and get dressed.
WE SHOULD BE RETURNING TO SCHOOL BY 3:30 - 3:45 P.M. EACH OF THE THREE DAYS.
Here are the lineups from Tulip Time:
- Wednesday - http://www.tuliptime.com/v2014/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2015-GunLakeCasinoVolksparadeLineup5-1-15.pdf
- Thursday - http://www.tuliptime.com/v2014/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2015-JCIKinderpradeLineup5-1-15.pdf
- Saturday - http://www.tuliptime.com/v2014/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2015-GMBMuziekparadeLineup5-1-15.pdf
On Wednesday and Thursday the band will be meeting in the general vicinity of Columbia Avenue and 9th/10th Streets for those, such as Dutch Dancers, who need to meet us at the start of the parade. On Saturday we line up on the north side of 8th St again, next to Pizza Hut.
PARENTS TRANSPORTING STUDENTS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
If you are driving YOUR child and YOU are present at the end of the parade, all you need to do is find me and check out your child. If you are driving OTHER students, THOSE STUDENTS must have a permission slip on file with me stating that they may ride with you. These have been available for over a week now, so ask your kids!
ATHLETES PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
There are several folks who are indeed missing a parade in order to participate in an athletic event. I have heard from only MOST of you - please do not assume that because one softball player (for instance) is excused, that it automatically excuses YOU as well. If you have not spoken to me or emailed me about this, it's very likely that I don't know what you are thinking. Might be a good idea to double-check with me in the next day or two...
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
As we have discussed in class, you are representing yourselves, your band, your school, your community, and in some cases the State of Michigan. Remember that an interaction that you have with a tourist or community member may be the only one they have with Zeeland. Make a good impression!
- Your uniform is to be completely ON or completely OFF after the parade. No unzipped coats (take it off if you're too hot) or other variations of the uniform. Hats and gloves may be removed without concern.
- If you are walking back on the parade route to meet someone after the parade, make sure to walk behind the audience.
- There is to be ABSOLUTELY NO PLAYING OF INSTRUMENTS UNLESS WE ARE ALL PLAYING TOGETHER.
- Plan to transport your instrument to the parades in their cases. Uncased instruments on the buses invite damage and unnecessary temptation to play them, both of which would be bad.
- ALL BAND MEMBERS need crew-length WHITE socks.
- I strongly recommend that all students wear earplugs during the parades.