Tuesday, May 6 is TULIP TIME SALUTE. On the original calendar sent to parents, it says that this date is for Jazz Band only. We learned a couple weeks ago that the drumline will be performing at the opening of the show, starting a 4-school rotation of a slot that was previously exclusively HCHS.
- The performance is at Central Wesleyan Church beginning at 8 p.m. There is a pretty hefty admission fee ($15.00 for adults), so I will certainly understand if parents don't attend. It IS a pretty cool show, though, featuring choirs, orchestras, jazz bands, and small groups from all four area high schools. Tickets are available at the door. (Drumline parents, your kids will be done by 8:03 p.m. and be free to go. Jazz Band plays near the end of Act I.)
- Jazz Band AND Perc students will miss some classes on Tuesday morning for the rehearsal at the church.
- Students need to report to the church by 7:30 p.m. for the 8:00 p.m. performance.
- There will not be school transportation to the performance.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday are the PARADES.
- ALL parades begin at 2:00 p.m.
- We are kind of near the back of the parades on Wednesday and Thursday. You can see the lineups HERE.
- Students should report to the band room by 12:20 p.m. and be ready to depart, in full uniform, by 12:45 each day.
- We should return to school by 3:45 at the latest each day (this is based on past experience and may be affected by traffic conditions, etc.).
- DUTCH DANCE students, unless they otherwise notify me, will not be riding the bus to or from the parades. They need to have their instruments and all uniform parts and accessories before they leave school on Wednesday to dance.
- Students NOT riding home on the bus (athletes, etc.):
- If a parent/guardian is physically present at the end of the parade, he/she may take his/her child at that time with no formal written permission.
- If a child is to meet his/her parents at a pre-determined point, will be riding home with another parent, etc., then please go HERE to print and fill out the necessary permission form for alternate transportation needs. ONE form may be used for all three parade days if needed.
- On Wednesday and Thursday we end the parades at Kollen Park by the fire station. Parents can meet the band there. Saturday we end in the vicinity of Holland HS, but I am not sure where - construction the last couple of years has caused them to adjust the end of the parade route for some groups. Last year the local bands turned right onto 24th St and ended in the large parking lot behind HHS.
- In order to save the district some money, we will be taking FOUR buses to the parades, but coming home with THREE due to the number of people that end up not riding back with us.
I COULD USE A VOLUNTEER to drive the school van that will pull the equipment trailer. This will also save the district some money if we don't have to pay a driver. There is a person available if I don't get a volunteer, but if you'd like to drive a 24-foot trailer down the streets of downtown Holland during Tulip Time, be sure and let me know ASAP.
I think that covers it! Thanks. Now let's get some good weather!!!