In the past, we have tried to keep the cost of the trip below $1,000.00. As you can imagine, this is becoming more and more difficult, but we will still do our best. My goal is for a family's trip "budget" to be no more than a $100.00 payment per month, much of which can be raised via our Scrip program that is offered every week throughout the year.
Here are the possibilities, in no particular order. At the end of this post will be a survey for you to fill out and return so I can gather and compute parental input with all of the student input.
- Disney World in Orlando, FL. We would spend several days at the three parks, march in a parade, and attend a music performance seminar as well.
- The National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, DC. We have a standing invitation to this prestigious parade based on our performance there in 2009. We would travel from Wednesday night to Monday, with the trip culminating with the parade.
- A trip to a college bowl game, most likely in Florida, most likely over New Year's Day. In the past we have marched at the Gator Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. Some of these involve a parade, but most are a mass band halftime show with literally thousands of band students on the field at halftime.
Each trip comes with pros and cons; Disney would be the most expensive, while DC would be the least. Travel would be by deluxe motor coach to save money, but Florida is a very long bus trip!
Some general details:
- We operate on a 12:1 student to chaperon ratio
- A deposit will be required to hold a spot
- There will be a date past which no refunds will be possible AND the entire cost of the trip would still have to be paid if a family cancels.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer multi-child discounts or scholarships. Students and families would be responsible for all costs.
- Please do not volunteer (or even express interest in) to be a chaperon at this time. The selection process will be discussed at a later date.