Welcome back to school and the official routine of the year. Well, for the kids, anyway... It struck me a while ago that we have a performance in TWO DAYS and I haven't communicated since last week. So here you go.
The Track Band looked and sounded great last Thursday! Lots of kids showed up (50 or so) to cheer on the East team as they battled HCHS. What a great showing for a group, especially when school wasn't even in session yet.
THIS WEEK is well under way. We'll be spending class time the next couple of days getting ready for Friday's performance; on Monday we will get around to the "first day of school business" kind of stuff. That's the bonus of being in band - yesterday wasn't really the first day of school! Here are details for events:
FRIDAY we will be performing IN UNIFORM with EVERY PERSON - this is a REQUIRED performance. Here's how things will work:
- Students will need to arrive around 5:30 p.m. to begin getting dressed. (Freshmen uniforms should all be sorted out by now and be in garment bags in the uniform room. The uniform crew will be here in full force that night as well to give assistance.)
- Dressed and ready to go by 5:45 p.m. We will head to the practice field and rehearse for a while.
- We march to the stadium at about 6:35 for pre-game activities, which this week will be limited to the school songs and National Anthem.
- The band will sit together in the band bleachers for the first half, then perform at halftime.
- We should be done ca. 8:15 p.m.
AFTER the game/halftime, students must return to the band room to put away their uniforms and instruments. They may return to the game after that is done; they are admitted free during the second half.
Monday, September 9
Rehearsal 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 10
Color Guard rehearsal 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Friday, September 13
East Home FB - TRACK BAND
Saturday, September 14
Hope College Community Day Football Game
- Some specifics regarding Hope:
- We will meet at school around 11:30 a.m. to dress and load buses
- We plan to arrive at Hope Stadium (soon to be re-named the Ray and Sue Smith Stadium) at 12:30 p.m.
- Pre-game begins at 1:10 p.m. (Hope fight song/National Anthem)
- We will be leaving after our halftime performance - 3:30 p.m.?
That should do it for now. Things are off to a fast and furious but great start! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org