Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome to 2013-14!!

Hello, parents and students!  Welcome to the 2013-14 school year and the ZHS Band Notes blog...

My goal here is to replace the weekly/periodic emails with something that is similar, but permanently located somewhere.  If someone misses a weekly email, it has to be copied/pasted/forwarded/whatever.  With this blog everything can remain here and I can just email folks a link.  Miss last week's email?  No worries - it's still on the blog site.  Need calendar or schedule info?  That's on the band website, which I will try to permanently link to and from this page.  I'll also try to add some pictures and maybe some graphics or something so it's less boring.  No promises there, though.

So look for updates about once per week, just like the former email system.  These pages will NOT include things that need to be communicated quickly, or things like requesting parent volunteers, etc.; those notifications will still come via email, so make sure you are on my parent email list!  Do this by sending me a test message including your name, your student's name, and some type of sentence about including you on my email list to kwalker@zps.org.

Well, that should do it for this installment.  I will write up another one shortly which will detail the upcoming schedule and other items of interest.  Thanks for reading!

KW

Look below...  I have disabled comments on the blog site - if you have questions or comments after reading the installments, email is the best way to get in touch with me!